Garbage Service
The Town of Danbury contracts residential curbside garbage service through Foothill Waste Solutions.   One rollout garbage cart will be provided free-of-charge. If your container is missing or destroyed, or you have any questions regarding residential or commercial garbage services or schedules, please contact Danbury Town Hall at (336) 593-2002. 
Residential garbage service is scheduled for every Thursday except for Thanksgiving Day and when Christmas falls on Thursday.  In those events, pick-up is re-scheduled for the next day.

Residential Recycling Service:  For Calendar year 2022, pick-up will begin on Jan. 7th and continue every other Friday through December. 

1/7, 1/21
2/4, 2/18
3/4, 3/18
4/1, 4/15, 4/29
5/13, 5/27
6/10, 6/24
7/8, 7/22
8/5, 8/19
9/2, 9/16, 9/30
10/14, 10/28
11/11, 11/25
12/9, 12/23
Street Lights
Town street lights are provided through a contract with Duke Energy.  Requests for additional streetlights should be made in writing, and addressed to the Town of Danbury.

Zoning and Planning Board/Board of Adjustment

One Board serves as both the Planning Board and the Board of Adjustment.
The zoning ordinance and a zoning map are available for inspection during regular office hours in the town office and are available in PDF format on the Ordinances/Plans/Maps page.
Meetings:  The Planning Board / Board of Adjustment meets at Town Hall on the 4th Monday of the month or as-needed. Meeting time is 6:00 PM.  Called meetings are posted on the town bulletin board located just outside the town office and on the website
Planning Board / Board of Adustment Members:
John Turpin – Town Representative
Elmer Manuel – Town Representative
Olivia Shelton – Town Representative  
Donnie Mabe – ETJ Representative
Melinda Ring – ETJ Representative
Water and Sewer
Water and sewer services in Danbury are managed by the County of Stokes: (336) 593-2811. For after-hours emergency water/sewer issues, call (336) 593-2406.

Fire Protection
Fire Protection in Danbury is provided by the Danbury Volunteer Fire Department.

Back to top