Welcome to Danbury, North Carolina!
Town Council Meetings--Town Council meetings are scheduled for the fourth Wednesday of every month. A tentative agenda will normally be posted by the Monday prior to the meeting.
The next meeting of the Town Council will be held on Wednesday, October 26, 2016, at 7:00pm, at the Danbury Town Hall.
COUNCIL MEETING -- 9/28/16
1. The Town Council approved the contract for Destinations by Design to develop the Pedestrian/Bicycle Plan. The kick-off meeting is planned for Thursday, November 3, 2016, at 10:00am, at Town Hall. A notice will be posted at town hall if the meeting location is moved.
2. The annual budget was amended by $9,100.00 to reflect the 1st year planning costs.
COUNCIL MEETING -- 8/24/16
NEW BUSINESS ---
1. The Town Council accepted the proposal from Destinations by Design, a planning firm based in Boone, NC, to develop a Pedestrian/Bicycle Plan. Contract details of the $15,000 plan will be worked out over the next couple weeks.
2. Council reappointed John Turpin to the town planning board for another three-year term.
3. Council accepted the quote from Eddies Patching and Sealing of Walnut Cove to do repairs to Meadow Road. Pavement cracking will be cleaned and filled with rubber compound to preserve the existing asphalt. The cost will be $1,850.
The Town Council frequently discusses a concern for pedestrian safety as residents and visitors go about their business on Main Street. While the design of the street is unlikely to change, we can, as motorists, change our behavior. Not only is it dangerous for pedestrians, it has also been common for pets and wildlife to be injured or killed, as well. Everyone is being asked to obey speed limits and to be alert for people and animals crossing the street. Please help us out.
Recently, speed limits on Main Street through Danbury changed. The 25mph zone now begins at the Post Office and extends to the church. The remainder of Main Street northbound to the town limit is now 35mph. This change applies in both directions. Signage has been updated.
Planning and Zoning Board Meetings--The Planning and Zoning Board meets on an as-needed basis. Meeting dates are advertised in advance.
Recycling in Danbury-- Danbury residents who are currently receiving garbage service are encouraged to take advantage of curbside recycling. This service occurs on an every-other-week basis. The pickup schedule can be found under the "Departments" tab.
Danbury, the county seat of Stokes County, North Carolina, is located approximately 20 miles north of Winston-Salem, NC, on highway NC 8/89. Nestled among the natural beauty of the Dan River and Hanging Rock State Park, Danbury is a great place to visit, live and work. We hope to see you soon!