Welcome to Danbury, North Carolina!
Town Council Meetings--Town Council meetings are normally scheduled for the fourth Wednesday of every month. A tentative agenda will be posted by the Monday prior to the meeting.
The next regular meeting will be held on Wednesday, June 24, 2015, at 7:00pm at the Danbury Library. THIS IS A CHANGE OF LOCATION.
COUNCIL MEETING -- 5/27/15
1. The proposed budget for fiscal year 2015-16 was discussed and a public hearing was held. No public comment was received. The budget will be considered for adoption at the June 24th meeting and is available for viewing at Town Hall.
2. The Town Council adopted by resolution a Minimum Fund Balance Policy which requires the equivalent of 50% of the previous years expenditures to be held in reserve during the next budget period.
3. The Town Council awarded the contract for auditing services for fiscal year-end June 30, 2015 to Rouse, Rouse, Penn and Rouse.
1. At the June 24th meeting a public hearing will be held to receive comment on the proposed County-wide Comprehensive Land Use Plan.
2. At the August 26th meeting the Town Council will consider adoption of the Regional Hazard Mitigation Plan.
The Town Council frequently discusses a concern for pedestrian safety as residents and visitors go about their business on Main Street. While the design of the street is unlikely to change, we can, as motorists, change our behavior. Not only is it dangerous for pedestrians, it has also been common for pets and wildlife to be killed, as well. Everyone is being asked to obey speed limits and to be alert for people and animals crossing the street. Please help us out.
Planning and Zoning Board Meetings--The Planning and Zoning Board meets on an as-needed basis. Meeting dates are advertised in advance.
Recycling in Danbury-- Danbury residents who are currently receiving garbage service are encouraged to take advantage of curbside recycling. This service occurs on an every-other-week basis. The pickup schedule can be found under the "Departments" tab.
Danbury, the county seat of Stokes County, North Carolina, is located approximately 20 miles north of Winston-Salem, NC, on highway NC 8/89. Nestled among the natural beauty of the Dan River and Hanging Rock State Park, Danbury is a great place to visit, live and work. We hope to see you soon!